For directions on removing a carpet stain:
- Scrape or blot up excess spill.
- Apply dry baking solution.
- Scrape and vacuum.
- Water-using a damp sponge to rinse remaining baking soda. Don’t over wet.
- Blot-don’t rub.
- Apply presoak solution (See “cleaning solutions”) using a dampened towel.
- Water-rinse as above.
- Blot-don’t rub-dry well.
- Apply dry power cleaner (See “cleaning solutions”).
Cleaning Solutions to have on hand:
Mix – 1/2 teaspoon clear dishwashing detergent with one cup of warm (not hot) water.
- Pre-soak Solution
Mix – 1 teaspoon enzyme laundry detergent (such as Axion, Biz, or others) with one cup of water.
- Dry Powder Cleaner
– Use a powdered carpet cleaner.
- Dry Cleaning Solvent
– Non-oily, non-caustic type sold of spot removal for garments.
Caution: May be flammable.
- Not all carpet fibers will react the same way when they are treated for stains.
- Before proceeding with any of these cleaning procedures, we recommend you contact the carpet manufacturer for their suggested maintenance guidelines.
- Failure to follow these guidelines may void your warranty.
- J & M Inc. is not responsible for the use or misuse of these spotting procedures.
- For further assistance please call us: 1-480-706-0737