For directions on removing a carpet stain:
- Scrape off excess material.
- Cover with brown paper.
- Apply warm iron until material is absorbed. Be sure paper is large enough to cover the stained area. Take care never to touch the iron to the carpet as the fiber might melt.
- Change paper or rotate to clean area and repeat until all material is absorbed. OR
1. Scrape or blot up excess spill.
2. Freeze with ice cubes.
3. Shatter with blunt object like the back of a large spoon.
4. Vacuum chips away before they melt.
Cleaning Solutions to have on hand:
Mix – 1/2 teaspoon clear dishwashing detergent with one cup of warm (not hot) water.
- Pre-soak Solution
Mix – 1 teaspoon enzyme laundry detergent (such as Axion, Biz, or others) with one cup of water.
- Dry Powder Cleaner
– Use a powdered carpet cleaner.
- Dry Cleaning Solvent
– Non-oily, non-caustic type sold of spot removal for garments.
Caution: May be flammable.
- Not all carpet fibers will react the same way when they are treated for stains.
- Before proceeding with any of these cleaning procedures, we recommend you contact the carpet manufacturer for their suggested maintenance guidelines.
- Failure to follow these guidelines may void your warranty.
- J & M Inc. is not responsible for the use or misuse of these spotting procedures.
- For further assistance please call us: 1-480-706-0737