Many homeowners would agree that a home would not be complete without some carpeting. A carpet helps keep a room warm. It creates a comfortable atmosphere, cushioning the underfoot of any individual while providing that extra boost in aesthetic appeal. Keeping any carpeting clean, however, can become quite a challenge for many homeowners. This is why they rely on Phoenix carpet cleaning services to help them do the job for them.
In offices, the scenario can be a bit overwhelming because carpets in a business environment can take a beating as there is constant foot traffic. Food and drinks are spilled almost every so often, so a professional carpet cleaning company is almost necessary for business establishments and companies.
What You Don’t Know About Carpets
Although on first glance carpets might appear clean and harmless, the reality is actually quite far from it. A carpet that has not received any cleaning for weeks or months can harbor some of the nastiest stuff imaginable, which means major health risks for people.
In fact, every square inch of a carpet may contain as much as 200,000 bacteria and even viruses that could infect a family or a company. Without proper maintenance and care from a Phoenix carpet cleaning company, your carpet might already have any of the following:
- Norovirus – This type of virus is responsible for illnesses such as the stomach flu. It can survive somewhere between 1 to 1 ½ months.
- Salmonella – Usually found in uncooked meat, particularly chicken and fish, this infamous bacterium can actually thrive in carpets too. They can be brought to carpets through pets, dirty shoes, and food that have spilled or accidentally dropped on the floor.
- Dust mites – These microscopic organisms feed on dead skin cells and pet dander. They can cause or aggravate asthma, allergies, and eczema.
- Insects – Ticks, fleas, and bedbugs can call your carpet their home.
- Allergens – During allergy season, if specific allergens inhabit your carpet, then you are at a higher risk for developing a runny nose, as well as experiencing frequent sneezing and other bothersome allergy symptoms.
- Air Pollutants – Nobody likes odor-causing air pollutants that stain and destroy carpets. They put people at increased exposure to mycotoxins.
Simply vacuuming your carpet or spot-cleaning it is never enough. Most commercial vacuums are not designed to reach the dust, allergens, and pollutants that lie beneath the carpet’s surface. These contaminants can accumulate in even when people think they are cleaning their carpets well. In addition to this, the cleaning solutions utilized by homeowners and business owners usually leave behind residue that makes carpets stiff and matted.
A professional Phoenix carpet cleaning service is necessary to provide protection against these menaces lurking in your carpets. Visit http://jmrestoration.com/ today for more information or call (480) 706-0737 for questions.